Thursday, April 25, 2013

$10




Have I mentioned lately that I love Blogland?  When I started writing my blog three years ago, I had no idea how many people would read it.  No idea.   And I had no idea how many people I would fall in love with.  Sight unseen.  I often get emails from readers I don’t know who are lifting me up in prayer.  Just checking in with me.  Sending me gifts.  A few months back, I  received a pair of combat boots (with sprigs of fresh lavender tucked inside) from a girl who was moved by my blog when I wrote I needed to climb another mountain.  A chemo mountain.  She sent me her very own, worn-out, black leather combat boots that got her up and over walls.  Amazingly thoughtful.  

So it's within that spirit, that I have a favor to ask of you.

I recently learned of a couple from Wisconsin whose home burned down last week.  They literally lost everything.  Everything.  All of this on the heels of the wife battling lymphoma.  And their savings tapped out due to never-ending medical bills.  I received an email this week with a subject line that read, “help desperately needed.” It was from a friend of mine who's husband is a police officer.  The man who lost his home is the brother of one of his fellow officers. 

So when I thought about my blog, and the fact that over 2,000 people read it each month, I thought there must be a way we all could bless this couple tremendously.  Then I had a thought -- if we all chipped in $10, do you know how much money we could send them?  Drumroll.....$20,000!  How doable is that?!  

I could lie awake, night after night, thinking of ways to help people.  (Actually, I do).  And maybe like you, I have an insatiable appetite to help people.  Always have.  Hope that gene gets passed down to our kids (hopefully it will, as my husband has it too).   Love that this little blog could be used to bless a couple so desperately in need right now.   So what do you say?  Want to grab a check, write 10 bucks on it in the name of David and Deni Lunsman, and I’ll forward your kindness on to them?  If so, then email me at ruthiemarek@yahoo.com and I’ll give you my address.   And if you feel so inclined, include a scripture of hope for them too.   That, my friends, will be priceless to them too.

May the God of hope fill David and Deni with all joy and peace as they trust in Him, so that they may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13




No comments:

Post a Comment