Monday, August 2, 2010

Thankful with a Capital "T"




This was a special weekend for us.  Friends of ours invited us to their vacation home in Lake Arrowhead.  They've asked us for years to join them.  Each time, we've had to say no.  This weekend, however, we had no softball, baseball or soccer games.  A first!  So we drove up Saturday morning and came home Sunday night.  A very quick trip, but a wonderful one.  Truly relaxing.  This was the view that greeted us from their balcony.  Absolutely beautiful!  


I found myself so very thankful.  Thankful for a healthy body.  Thankful the four of us were together.  Thankful for good friends.  Thankful for God's beauty that surrounded us.  If God could get bored listening to "thank you for...", then He had his fill with me.   I'm sure He was saying, "I get it already -- you're thankful!"  I'm kidding.  I'm sure it was music to His ears.


Do you thank God enough?  Do you take for granted that you woke up this morning?  Do you thank Him for another day just like yesterday?  


I can remember (before cancer) waking up and saying to myself, "Another day. Another day of making sandwiches and doing laundry. Yay.  What fun."  But, wow, now I see I was missing the beauty of that day.  My body wasn't frail.  My kids weren't sick.  My husband came home.  


Simple things.  No longer mundane things, but precious things.  Things that now mean the world to me, and I thank God every chance I get.


Take a minute and thank Him.  Thank Him for His love for you.  Thank Him for your faith.  Thank Him for another day with your family.  Go on and on and on.  Knock yourself out.  Lose track of time.  He won't be bored to tears.  I bet you'll fill His eyes with tears...  



No comments:

Post a Comment