Monday, September 20, 2010

These Boots are Made for Walking...




I know I'm ready for fall when I buy new chocolate brown suede boots (love 'em!) and want to wear them when it's still 80 degrees outside.  I'm starting to unpack my sweaters from the garage and buy cute tweed hats.  We even bought a few pumpkins at the farm stand yesterday.  I want to pack up our goggles and flip flops.  And wear boots!

I'm wondering where these boots will take me this year.  I'm ready to travel a road I've never been on before.  A little scary, but if I'm following God, I know I'm in good hands.  His hands.  I know we've climbed a few hills together this past year, and in fact, need to climb another one exactly a month from today.   My next surgery is scheduled for October 20th -- to remove that little "thing" on my kidney.  My doctor expects me to be in the hospital for 2 to 3 days and then a month or so of recovery.  So hopefully by then, I can recuperate beneath a cozy quilt by a roaring fire.  Who am I kidding?  It's California -- the weather stays hot right until the weekend of Halloween.  I'll probably be lounging on the couch with shorts and a tank top on.  And my brown suede boots.

So if you find yourself climbing a few hills this year, grab your boots and God's hand.  I guarantee you He will be a "lamp onto your feet and a light onto your path." 



1 comment:

  1. Ruthie,
    I love you and your family. Thank you for writing this blog. I really needed to read about eating healthy as I do love sugar. Say "Hi!" to Rachel for me.
    Love, Denise Wood

    ReplyDelete