Thursday, March 17, 2011

What a Difference a Year Makes!



As we raised our glasses to celebrate our son's acceptance into Oaks Christian Middle School, it dawned on me that exactly one year ago tonight, I was 
leaving Cedars-Sinai after a nine-hour chemo infusion.  
My fifth one.  
I was bald, thin and exhausted.


What a difference a year makes!

I have hair (notice my curls are gone!), 
I've packed on a few pounds and 
I often see 1 a.m.
as often as I see 1 p.m. 
Mom, you did not just read that!  
(She hates that I stay up so late).

So clearly, this St. Patrick's Day goes down 
in the books as the 
best St. Patrick's Day ever.  

I thank God for restoring my health.
I thank God for His abundant grace.
And I thank God for my precious family.

"In His kindness God called you to share in His eternal glory 
by means of Christ Jesus.  
So after you have suffered a little while, 
He will restore, support and strengthen you, 
and He will place you on a firm foundation.  
All power to Him forever.  
Amen."

1 Peter 5:10-11


5 comments:

  1. Hear that? It's me, clapping and rejoicing with you!!! :)

    Thank you, precious Jesus, for the restoration, the support and the strength you have showered upon your daughter, Ruthie. May you continue to be the firm foundation on which she stands. All power to you forever. Amen~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!! Congratulations on your son's acceptance into Oaks Christian, what an honor & a true blessing! God is good! What an inspiration you are :) Kim B. from Club 31

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO very grateful for your 1 year celebration Ruthie.. I love you more than you know. Today is my 10 year and I can't wait to celebrate yours too in 2017!!!!! Congratulations to Little Man Jake also! That's fantastic and a fantastic school indeed. Looks like OCHS is in the near future for baseball and then the minor league??!! Love & Miss you my forever friend.. XOXOX CELEBRATE BIG!!!! Ang

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful milestone...and so much learned in this last year!

    Great verse that has gotten me through some pretty tough times!

    ...and I thought the curly was very cute!! but straight is nice, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post gives me hope and makes me so happy for you!
    Thankful you are well.
    You look so, so, beautiful too.
    :)

    ReplyDelete