Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mom's Day!




Isn’t every day Mother’s Day?  I kind of say that sarcastically, but at the same time, I say that quite honestly.
Because every day I’m called “Mom” is a gift.  I thank God daily for those two kids who sometimes forget to shut the back door and sometimes forget to take their little organic milk cartons out of the backseat of my car.  In the middle of summer.  But I am grateful, so very grateful, they are mine.
Speaking of grateful...


I’m so very grateful for my Mom. She has always made our house a home and has always filled our lives with sweet memories.  And this past year has again reminded me that she has always put my needs before hers.  Only a Mom can do that.
 I’m so very grateful for my mother-in-law.  God filled the physical distance between me and my Mom with Ed’s Mom.  She too puts my needs before hers.  Always.  Again, only a Mom can do that.
And I'm so very grateful for all my Mom friends.  Life is just sweeter because of all of you.  Your friendship is celebrated in my heart every day.


And to one Mom in particular whose little boy is in the hospital today.  Again.
If he could speak, he would say, "God hand-picked my Mom just for me.  God knew just who would love me, protect me and be by my side.  Every single day of my life.  I love no one more.  My Mom is an angel!  Happy Mother's Day, Mommy!"


And to all those who miss their Moms today, I pray for God's peace.
One of God's many names is Father.  I know He can fill the role of mother too.
He can do everything.  If we just let Him.


* * *


"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
They have clung to me all my life."
-Abraham Lincoln


"A mother's happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future
but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories."
-Honore de Balzac


Happy Mother's Day everyone!!!
I Love You!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment