Thursday, December 13, 2012

Sharing His Birthday...



Well, it’s almost 11 o’clock tonight as I write this and I am overwhelmed.  Overwhelmed by your kindness, generosity and friendship.  

Today was the first Christian Girl’s Cottage Christmas Home Tour (say that fast three times) and what a day!  Both of our homes were visited by about 75 women, both in the day and in the evening.  And what troopers those evening ladies were!  It was freezing cold out tonight, but they were bundled up and once inside, made our homes feel cozy and warm.

I saw old friends and made sure-to-be new friends.  I loved sharing the day with women who love the Lord and love decorating homes.  What a combo!  

As I sit here tonight and reflect on my day, I am in awe of God’s blessings in my life.
I feel wonderful with no side effects from my treatments, have a husband who works hard so I can spruce up our home a bit and share it with others, and friends who come along side me and shower me with such amazing support.  In awe.

So to recap the day, I think Teri and I raised close to $1,500 from donations and boutique sales for the “can’t do cancer without God” ministry as well as for a local family who was recently brought to our attention.   And just as exciting -- 28 girls signed up to take an upcoming His Flower Girls class!  28!  Again, in awe.

So for those of you who couldn’t make it today, I took a few photos of our home.  I ran over to Teri’s between tours to take photos of her home, but the lighting wasn’t great.  So I will share photos of her home in another post.  


Front Door


Entryway


Dining Room 


Dining Room



Happy Birthday, Jesus! 
Christmas Tree


Place Setting
"Glory to the newborn King!"


Family Room


Family Room


Family Room Christmas Tree



Happy Birthday, Jesus!
 Table


Kitchen Fireplace


Homemade (not!) Cookies


The "Guest Cottage" Bed



Stockings in the "Guest Cottage"

Well, I'm whooped.
THANK YOU again to everyone who shared their busy Thursday with us.  Teri and I loved each and every minute of it!
From our house to yours, 
"Happy Birthday, Jesus!"
























   

1 comment:

  1. Your photos don't do your home justice. It was a stunning tour!!!

    ReplyDelete