Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Another Hill...


Well, another hill to climb.

The new treatment I have been receiving isn't doin' it.  It's shrinking some of my lesions, but others are continuing to grow.  So we'll be meeting with my doctor next week to look into other options.

My scan was last Thursday.  There's nothing fun about waiting for scan results. Can I get an Amen? 
But this time was a little different.  I felt at my core, the results would not be pretty.  My numbers have basically doubled each month which didn't lead me to believe that the drug was working.  True, it takes about four treatments before the numbers go down.  But mine never took the plunge.  Though ironically enough, I've never felt better.  Go figure!

But knowing that another hill is in my future to climb, I'm just not ready to put on my hiking boots once again.  I think I'm a flip-flop kind of girl and God knows you can't hike in those things.  Well, actually I've never hiked in my life (I have an aversion to dust and snakes and sweating), but I'm guessing I'm right on this one.  

But that God of ours will help me lace up those boots once again.  He always does.  

So though I sit here with Kleenex by my side,  I know He is faithful.
As I was getting ready this morning, I heard the date mentioned on the radio.  Yes, I knew it was September 11th, but I also knew that that date meant something to me personally, and I just couldn't remember what is was.  And then it came to me.  On this date, one year ago today,  the Lord had promised me healing.  

And I know He is faithful.

And another thing.  Our church hosted the Brenton Brown concert last Sunday night.  Though I love their music, I rarely find myself back at church following a Sunday morning service.  But I did go back.  By myself.  And when I heard Brenton sing, "You are the strength of my heart/I can rely on you/You are the joy of my life" I knew those words would make it into my next blog.  

A beautiful reminder that He is the strength of my heart.  
Is He yours?

Listen to this beautiful song at itunes.  It's called "God My Rock."  
I would offer you a link, but I haven't a clue as to how to do it.



3 comments:

  1. Oh, Ruthie, I am so, so sorry and will be praying God's healing hand to be over you in these days. What an inspiring post to write in the midst of such a storm raging in your life. May HE provide you with all peace and comfort as you "go forth."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet sister, I read your post & just sighed. Your faithfulness & trust in our God is amazing! You are a TRUE testimony of continuing to fight those hills vs turning around & running the other way. I'm praying these verses over you right now:
    Romans 12:12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
    Galatians 6:9 And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    You WILL reap in due time! XOXO

    ReplyDelete