Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Bloom...



Happy Tuesday!  And I do mean "happy" because my last three days were not.  I ended up in the hospital on Saturday with an obstructed colon.  Jealous?  A cat scan showed that my small intestine was a tad blocked, but the chances were good that it would unblock itself without any procedures.  Good, I thought, because the procedures were either sticking a tube down my nose and into the intestine (no thank you) or surgery (no thank you again).   Each doctor would come into my room and with their fingers crossed would say, "Let's hope it just straightens itself out on its own."  And I would place my hands in prayer and say, "Yep, I'll pray that it does."  Thank you, Lord, for this answer to prayer.   I may need to have a small bowel study performed next week.  And clearly, I'd rather study for the SATs again.   Wouldn't you?  

Anyway,  before the weeks get away from me, I wanted to invite you to Calvary's Bloom Women's Luncheon & Fashion Show on Saturday, April 13th.  Donna and I were asked to speak about His Flower Girls and we're thrilled to do so.  Really thrilled because we actually met at that event just two years ago.  Funny how God works, huh?  

Bloom is an annual event put on by the women's ministry group at Calvary.  The guest speakers are Linda and Jen Barrick, a mother and daughter from Virginia, who know very well that God is real.  Their verse is, "May the God of hope fill you with joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13.  I won't reveal too much about their story, but I can promise you it will be good.  Yeah, not missing that one.

So it's from 10 to 1:30 pm and tickets are $35.  There's also a boutique.  Tickets went on sale on March 1st, so if you're interested, sign up very soon on Calvary's website at calvarycc.org because it will sell out.

And if any of you would like to fill in for me for the small bowel study, feel free to let me know!  





No comments:

Post a Comment